Cheap Apartment Decorating. You don’t have to spend a fortune updating the apartment or completely overhaul the space with expensive items. Simple changes like rearranging items within the home in a new way refreshes the space and does not cost a penny. A fresh coat of paint and adding decorative pieces here and there can give your apartment a new look. These changes are cost-effective and also very easy to do over a weekend.
Cheap Apartment Decorating :
- Paint the apartment in a cozy, neutral color like beige, light gray or cream; these colors don’t date the room and ensure that you have a long-lasting design scheme. Use wallpaper or a contrasting color to create an accent wall.
- Hang mirrors across a window to reflect light into the room. Put a mirror in a dark corner to create the sense of a more open space. Use existing mirrors in varying sizes, shapes and color to create a mosaic effect on one wall of the apartment.
- Bring the outdoors in with a fresh bouquet of flowers from the garden. Place a cluster of bare twigs in an oversize vase to use as the centerpiece for the kitchen table. Rest a trio of houseplants over cabinets, accent tables and shelving to provide a burst of color.
- Rearrange furniture and accessories in new ways to create a whole new look. Make seasonal changes like a fresh set of pillows over the couch or an inexpensive window treatment in the living room.
- Cover old pieces of furniture like a sofa or chair with slipcovers. Try a pattern like stripes, botanical or paisley to add whimsy to the room. Cover outdated kitchen chairs with white cotton slip covers.
- Change the look of the room with decorative accessories. Create a focal point with a favorite collection of vases, figurines or vintage plates. Refresh the kitchen with a new set of dish towels or floor rug.
- Revive old cabinets with new pulls or knobs. Use vintage glass knobs for a classic theme or choose brushed metal for a more modern feel.
Cheap Apartment Decorating, source from eHow.com.
studio condo design
,how to hide exercise equipment in apartment